Meet Dr. Beckenstein
Michael S. Beckenstein
- MD, FACS
Dr. Beckenstein is a board-certified and fully-credentialed plastic surgeon who completed fellowships and residencies around the country. He has extensive experience in reconstructive and plastic surgery in Birmingham.
Michael S. Beckenstein, M.D. is a board certified plastic and general surgeon. In 2009, he pioneered a cutting-edge treatment for hair restoration – Neograft. He was the first in Alabama to obtain the Neograft device and found a practice utilizing this technology. With Dr. Beckenstein’s leadership and expertise, T3 Hair Restoration (formerly known as Birmingham Neograft) continues to be the most experienced practice in Neograft procedures in Alabama.
Known for providing innovative solutions, Dr. Beckenstein has incorporated other advanced technology and treatments into his practice. Low level laser therapy, PRP, and scalp micro pigmentation are a few major additions. T3 Hair Restoration operates in the same category of excellence as Dr. Beckenstein’s plastic surgery practice.
Associations and Research
Dr. Beckenstein is the recipient of numerous national and local awards. He is a member of the International Society of hair restoration Surgery (ISHRS) and the American Society of Hair Restoration as well as the American society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).
Dr. Beckenstein has authored and co-authored several articles in peer reviewed journals as well as several textbook chapters on the subjects of breast, aesthetic, and reconstructive surgery. He currently is working on several projects. Dr. Beckenstein is developing several surgical instruments and holds a US patent on a device.
Awards and Accolates
- Lifesaver Recipient, American Cancer Society’s Life Inspiration Award (2006)
- Patient Choice Award from Castle Connolly (2009)
- BMW Ultimate Drive Local Hero Award (2008)
- Leading Providers Plastic Surgeons of the United States, Goldline Research (2009)
- America’s Top Surgeons, Consumer Research Council (2004, 2005, and 2009)
- Best of Birmingham Plastic Surgery (2008, 2009, and 2010)
- As one of the most respected plastic surgeons in Birmingham and Montgomery, Alabama, Dr. Beckenstein and some of his patients have been featured in local and national media venues including television shows, news, books, and magazines.